Updated: Mar. 3, 2020
Rules & Regulations
City of Floresville, TX will host the Peanutville BBQ Cook Off on May 29-30, 2020 at the Floresville River Park located at 600 SH 97 West, Floresville, TX 78114.
- The event is produced by Peanutville BBQ Cook Off with proceeds benefitting the Parks & Recreation Department of the City of Floresville, TX. To enter, teams must register and pay entry fee by submitting the official Registration Form. Teams may also register and pay online at www.peanutvilletx.com.
- All teams will have one Head Cook. Official check-in time will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM on the Friday of the event. Thursday arrivals will be permitted with 7 days advance notice. Meat is subject to inspection at check-in. Meat will not leave the cook-off area after check-in. Teams must vacate no later than 11:00 AM on the Sunday of the event. Cooks meeting will be held Friday at 6:30 PM at the Turn In Stage area of the Floresville River Park. HEAD COOKS MUST ATTEND – all team members recommended.
IBCA Judging rules will apply.
All three meats, Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs, and Brisket are required to be turned in meat side up.
- Chicken – two (2) separate ½ fully jointed chicken to include breast, thigh and drumstick. SKIN ON (No Cornish Game Hens)
- Pork Spare Ribs – nine (9) individual cut ribs (bone in). Ribs must be placed in the tray TOP side up lying parallel to the hinge. (St. Louis Cut acceptable)
- Brisket – nine (9) full slices, recommended 1/4” to 3/8” thick. Blocking brisket ends is allowed. The fat cap may be trimmed or cut away before slices are placed into the tray.
- Jackpot Pan de Campo – one (1) whole traditional bread (not sliced) without garnishments/glazes or distinctive markings on it. Must be cooked on site.
- Jackpot Charro Beans – must start with dry pinto beans and cooked on site. A cup with lid will be provided at check-in or when collecting trays for cook-off. Gas Stove or Gas Grill will be allowed ONLY for this entry. NO Crock Pots will be allowed.
- Jackpot Beef Fajitas – five to seven (5-7) slices, depending on number of entries. Must be cooked on site. No garnishments may be included.
- ONLY main meat category points (Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs, and Brisket) will count towards Overall standings including Grand Champion and Reserve Champion.
- All meats will be cooked on-site. The preparation and completion (excluding pre-trimming) of any and all meats in competition shall be within the confines of the Team’s cook-off site.
- Pre-cooking, marinating, etc…, will not be allowed either on or off cook-off site prior to the start of the cook-off as defined by the cook-off promoter. Meat is subject to inspection at check-in. Teams must provide their own meats. Based on the number of entries turned in, quantities are subject to change. No garnish or sauce is allowed in the tray at turn-in. You may cook with sauce, but it cannot be ladled onto the meat at turn-in.
- Fires must be wood or charcoal. Pit may include gas or electricity to start natural substance (NOT for full cooking, this means NO electric pellet grills), gas grills or gas stoves allowed ONLY for Charro Beans entry. Holes or open pits are not allowed. Fires may not be built on the ground. Each team must bring a fire extinguisher. No fires are allowed using any type of treated wood or lumber. No railroad crossties, utility poles or treated lumber are allowed.
- Props, trailers, motor home vehicles, tents and other equipment may not exceed the boundary of the contestant’s space (40’x40’). Only one (1) team is allowed per space. Generators are allowed. Handicap restrooms and water are available on limited lots.
- All outdoor tents must be anchored with water barrels or sandbags. Tent stakes will be allowed on the dirt area of the grounds, but under no circumstances are teams to drill holes or tent stakes in the concrete or asphalt of the premises. If said damage is found to be present, team will be fully responsible for repairing the damage to the Floresville River Park’s specifications.
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to see that the contest area is kept clean and that the area is cleaned and policed following the contest.
- Outside alcohol will be allowed. Outside alcohol will not be allowed in the Stage area. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages may be grounds for disqualification. Alcoholic beverage rules must be followed. Under no circumstances are alcoholic beverages to be distributed to the general public. NO GLASS DRINKING CONTAINERS OR BOTTLES ALLOWED.
- Promoter, sponsors or cook-off officials will not be held responsible for accidents, thefts or mishaps.
- No excessive or loud music allowed.
- “QUIET TIME” will be from 12:00 AM – 7:00 AM. (Generators will be allowed to run during this time.)
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any team that does not abide by the rules.
- Promoter reserves the right to prohibit any team, Exhibit or proposed Exhibit, which in the promoter’s opinion is not suitable for the event. This express reservation concerns persons, items, printed matter, conduct, and all other things which affect the character of the event.
- Promoter reserves the right to adjust or make changes in space/lot assignments, up to and including the date of move in or entry deadline, to ensure an even flow of traffic or to maintain the theme of the event.
- No fundraising activities will be allowed in the Team’s cook-off site without consent of the promoter. NO FOOD OR DRINKS MAY BE SOLD.
- NO POLITICAL AFFILIATES, SIGNS OR BANNERS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES!
- Pit areas which include the operation of audio/visual or lighting equipment must be arranged so that the noise/light from said equipment will not annoy or disturb any adjacent teams or attendees.
- In the event of fire, strikes, rioting, hurricanes, civil disorder, or other circumstances making it impossible to operate the Facility to be determined within the discretion of the promoter, this agreement shall become null and void. A full refund of deposit will be made or at the option of the team will be transferred towards the cost of future events.
SCHEDULE & TURN-IN TIMES
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM Tray Pick Up
5:00 PM Check-In Deadline
6:30 PM Cooks Meeting
7:30 PM Pan de Campo
8:00 PM Beef Fajitas
10:30 AM Beans
12:00 PM Chicken
1:30 PM Pork Spare Ribs
3:00 PM Brisket
6:00 PM Awards Ceremony